wallpaper

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Ashley is getting married!

It's been forever since I posted and I really need to catch up!

Well the big news around here is that Ashley is getting married!  We're so happy for her!  She's marrying a wonderful guy and into an awesome family and we couldn't be more thrilled.  Here's how it went down.  Josh flew down from BYU and had his parents pick him up from the airport.  (His parents drove from NM to watch this too.)  Josh wanted to propose to her at the temple as that is where they had their first date, that's where his dad proposed to his mom, and that's where Erik and I were married so it just seemed like the perfect place. 

His parents drove him straight to the temple, and we managed to get Ashley to go walk around the visitor's center with us.  I kept telling her to wear cuter clothes, do her hair a little bit different, etc., as she just threw something on and wanted to be comfortable.  I told her we were going to the temple so to look a little nicer but she wouldn't listen to me.  Haha....mom's are so smart sometimes!  She will always remember "I should have listened to my mom."

Anyway, we got to the temple, and we also had a photographer there that Ashley knew and she walked up to him and then realized nobody else was following her and looked back and saw all of her family and his family walking out of the visitors center coming to watch.  She then realized what was happening.  She saw Josh and immediately went up to him and gave him a hug and said that everyone was watching.  He kept telling her, "Ashley, it's okay.  Pay attention to me....look at me."  He then bent down on one knee and proposed to her.  It was a very sweet moment and I'm glad we got to see it.  They make such a cute couple!


2 comments:

  1. The pictures are beautiful! They are an adorable couple! It's so exciting! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you all!! What an exciting time for you! I love that he included all of you, sounds like a sweet guy.

    ReplyDelete