wallpaper

Sunday, October 31, 2010

I'm so grateful! Yes I Know Heavenly Father Loves Me!

Today was the last of all of the ward's primary program presentations in our stake.  They were all great, but today's program actually made me cry because I was so touched.  The Cooley Station ward was the last ward to have their program.  I noticed that there was a girl who was talking in sign language as well as speaking her talk.  I was so impressed.  Then I learned that her mother is deaf and was sitting just two rows ahead of me.  Her husband and mother (or maybe mother-in-law, not sure) was also signing during the program for her.  As her children would say their parts, you could see this dear sister and her husband just beaming with pride as they spoke and signed their parts.  The grandma kept wiping tears from her eyes.  The tears really flowed when they children were singing "I Know That My Savior Loves Me."  I too love that song.  During the closing song, the entire primary sang "As I Have Loved You."  They sang it twice and the second time they asked the congregation to join in too as they signed the song.  I watched as this sister joined in and sang with her hands "As I Have Loved You."  I thought it was so touching that the entire ward reached out to her and sang this song just for her.  I was grateful for that ward for reaching out to this mother who never gets to sing with her children in church and yet she could take part in the program today.  I'm grateful that we have leaders who are so caring and teach our children how to serve and love one another.  I can't imagine going through life not knowing what the sound of my child's voice sounded like nor never hearing them sing.  It reminds me of the other primary song where the words are, "He gave me my eyes that I might see the color of butterfly wings, he gave me my ears that I might hear the magical sound of things."  My body may not be perfect and there are definite things I do not like about my body, but I'm so grateful, especially today, for the gift of hearing. Yes I know Heavenly Father loves me!

No comments:

Post a Comment