wallpaper

Monday, November 15, 2010

Rough day!

Last week I was asked by my regional manager to go help decorate the room at the Royal Palms Resort again in Phoenix.  LOVE, LOVE that resort!  I've been to a lot of resorts for work meetings and this is by far the prettiest resort I've ever seen.  Well she also asked if I could help with a meeting down in Tucson at the Loews Ventana Canyon Resort using a "space theme."  What a miserable experience that was going down there yesterday!  First off they said the room would be ready at 3:00 for me to come down.  I was there at 4:00 thinking I would just get all of the binders set out and room decorated and go home so I would be done no later than 6:00.  Wishful thinking.  The room was still a mess from the last group that was in the room and they didn't even start cleaning up or setting up the room until around 8:15.  NOT a happy girl!!  Not only that, the rooms were typical conference rooms - blah and boring with UGLY burnt orange color tablecloths.  Needless to say, they had to go as I was using a blue and silver color scheme so we had them change out all of the linens to black.  I would never recommend that resort to anyone.  Ashley was sweet and volunteered to be with me on this road trip.  We didn't get home until 11:00 PM.   I think I'm done helping with regional meetings for awhile!  Hopefully they will not be having any more here in the Phoenix area for awhile!

I didn't get any pictures taken of the room, but it sure turned out cute!  We had blue and silver stars everywhere along with some pictures I got from NASA on the walls.  The welcome bags I made up had Buzz Lightyear holding a can of Similac saying "To Infinity & Beyond". 

No comments:

Post a Comment